Friday, March 30, 2007

Soundbyte!

Cheryl Pepsii Riley - If God was one of us

This song was originally done by Joan Osborne in the 90's and i liked it then. Then i heard this version on the Diary of a Mad Balck Woman soundtrack and i fell in love with the song all over again.

Listen to the words...While the song is beautiful, i find myself trying to answer the questions posed there. If God was one of us, would he ride the bus? What would that be like?

*If you would like this song, leave an email address in the comments section*

3 comments:

tolu said...

love this song. tolufadekemi@gmail.com
Thanks

soul said...

This right here is one of my most favourite Gospel songs..
Cheryl riley does the business on this..
I actually used to go jogging with this song playing in the background.
I can't stress how much I dig this song (along with purify me by India arie)

Anonymous said...

i love this song. although i would like to know who sings the version featured in the movie "a diary of a mad black woman". Noma... nomangesi@dijalo.co.za