Friday, May 04, 2007

Soundbyte!



Lisa Loeb - Stay

I remember the video for this song and i thought Lisa was just such a cool chick cos of her Elvis Costello style glasses and her general plain jane looks. This is also the only song of hers that really really was a success. The song is funky and cool and a bit confused - well just reflecting the ups and downs in relationships. Stay - go. I love you, i dont.

This reminds me of the stage in my life when i loved Jewel, Fiona Apple, The Cranberries, Garbage et all and watched a lot of MTV. My tomboy days of jeans, t-shirts and basketball jerseys.....Enjoy!

*If you would like this song, leave an email address in the comments section*

9 comments:

Dolly said...

First!!! what's my prize

I used to watch a lot of Mtv too..... Nice post

Naija Vixen said...

MTv was so cool to watch back home...maybe cos we didnt hav much choice? ;-) have a great weekend!

soul said...

I still love Jewel...
I still play her song 'Who will save your soul' like everyweek! I dig that chick, I even bought her book of poetry, okay don't tell nobody bout that

Fiona Apple is still da bomb and the cranberries... oh gosh remember 'Zombie'?. I remember going crazy over that song.. time to go dig into my MP3 store...

:D

Morountodun said...

no mention of Mary J, R Kelly, Beyonce, Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys, Babyface or is that the stereotype?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I loved this song.... reminds me of the 'so nineties'... whatever happened to her?

Biodun said...

I was so into MTV then too, the cranberries n all, good times. HAve a nice weekend!

Biodun said...

I was so into MTV then too, the cranberries n all, good times. HAve a nice weekend!

diary of a G said...

My tomboy days of jeans, t-shirts and basketball jerseys
you had those?

shhhh said...

fantastic song, remember it too