Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Interesting.....


Before my paternal grandfather died, he married the young lady that was brought in to take care of my maternal grandmother. My dad was the only child. Young lady G, papa's new wife went on to give birth to a set of twin girls when my grandfather was 72.
Fast forward 17 years.
Sadly, one of the twins died leaving U. U has spent all her life in Abia State and the the farthest she has ever been is to Aba. Well, she has reached the stage of her life where its time to go to university. My dad has decided she should take the entrance examination for Covenant University in Ogun State. So she landed in my house on sunday evening as she will take the exams from here and go back to Abia State on Friday.
U is my aunty seeing as she is my dad's sister. She is 3 years younger than my baby sister. U saw me on Sunday and dropped to her knees and said "Aunty, good evening". My aunty is calling me aunty. He He He
Hilarious, weird, disturbing and just so damn interesting....LOL

11 comments:

ExcitedJade said...

Uzo, u're not serious at all....na wah o...she called u aunty cos u're older.. funny, indeed.

In my head and around me said...

@ 72? And twins? Na wa o for your grandfather!! And this was before the blue pill, so it was all him.

SET said...

LOL, Uzo you are crazy. Aww, Sounds like you guys have a lot of interesting things to talk about in your family.

TMinx said...

Wow Uzo, that is certainly interesting and strange. Hope you are good and watching enough idols for the both of us. By the way why didn't i see you on the 1st?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like my grandad. I have a couple of uncles younger than me, wouldn't know them if I passed them on the street though.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I have a similar story like that.... don't well all... na wah for our grand dads of those days sha!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

we* all

soul said...

my father is biological an uncle to a much older 'uncle' of ours

all terribly complicated lol, when mumsy tried to explain it. but hey, the guy was my favourite uncle.. or erm would that be 2nd cousin?..

Anonymous said...

lmao... sounds like something my granpa would do... my aunty(his third wifes youngest daughter)used to want to call me(her niece)aunty cos she was years younger... i was never a fan of that... so i nipped it in the bud.. but the man was seriously fertile and always on the lookout for fine girls.. God rest his soul

Writefreak said...

wow wow wow! your grandfather deserves a standing ovation..
meanwhile, that's the nigerian story, i think in almost every family around here, there's an uncle or an aunt whom you're about the same age with.
Hilarious post

Favoured Girl said...

That's for real o. I have an "uncle" that is younger than me by one month. When we were kids, we used to fight all the time about who should give who respect. But now we just call ourselves cousins! Lol