Monday, May 14, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 1


Lisa Stansfield - All Around the World
Oh this song. I remember it from birthday parties and dancing competitions. I remember the video for this song with this chic that had short hair.
I dont know much about Lisa other than the fact that she is British and that this song was her biggest hit. I remember another song from her - All Woman which i dont like very much but it did okay commercially.
I chose this song to get on the list simply because it was one on those songs in the early 90's that was a crossover success. It was also a song by a Brit to be in the top 10 on the US Billboard charts which is a thing that a lot of international artists strive for. Its danceable and i really like it. Weird but everytime i hear this song, i want to spin around with my hands out and make myself dizzy. LOL
Enjoy!
*If you would like this song, leave me an email address in the comments section*

4 comments:

soul said...

Remember when Biggie made a cover of this song...lol.

oha nd the other song..I may not be a lady, but I'm all woman.. I liked.. it was slow I dunno, it was the kinda song that played in my head whilst I was strolling through my sumptuous orchard (in my imagination of course)

Nice one Uzo...
Nice.

ExcitedJade said...

waw.. i remember the song very well...

SET said...

One song that will never sound old, classics never goes away. Thx for the reminder. How are you?

Daddy's Girl said...

This is a good pop song, like set says it's got staying power.