Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 3


Meat Loaf - I would do anything for love (But i wont do that)
First of all, Meat Loaf used to scare me when i was younger. Everything that i thought Dracula would be and look like, he embodied. LOL
On to the song - WHAT A SONG. Dramatic video. All gothic. He seemed to be like a hunchback or Frankenstein. Some kind of creature dressed in ancient dress. With candles, and sheer curtains blowing. Ah Ah. And then there was a female vocalist on that track that sounded like Pat Benetar or Bonnie Tyler. She was someone called Ms Loud. Anyway, she appeared in the video like an angel.
The words to the song are so intense. "I'd walk right to hell and right back". BUT what is it that he wont do? I remember asking this same question and getting into long conversations with people about what it is he wont do. Please enlighten me if you know. I have concluded that what he wont do can be whatever cross a relationship carries. So i dont think there is one answer.
Sadly, this song was Meat Loaf''s biggest hit and everything he had done before or did after paled in comparison. He won a grammy for this performance as well. For some reason, i always assumed he was British because he was so huge in Europe but i just found out he is Texan....LOL. Imagine that. His album Bat Out of Hell is a massive album and the follow up Bat Out of Hell II (which has this song) did not do too badly either. He suffered bankruptcy and bounced back. I cant even begin to go into his dramatic life cos its just intense....But Meat Loaf is an icon.
Enjoy!
*If you would like this song, leave an email address in the comments section*
UPDATE: The Song answers the question. LOL. Yup! Went through the song lyrics and yes, the answer is indeed in ther song. Thanks Snazzy for the tip.....

6 comments:

snazzy said...

everyone wanted to know what it was he wouldnt do. Apparently the song actually gives the answer. I never figured it out. The video was mad though.

soul said...

This song always made me want to run, like you know just run real fast and faster still as it builds into a crescendo until you finally collapse in a heap..
It still makes me want to run lol

in the UK.. the tabloids got a bit nasty and said...
the thing he wouldn't dom, was go on a diet.

Mimi said...

He scares me still!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i like the song sha, but when i remember him,i shudderrr...

Olawunmi said...

i love, love this song. i've got a few other meatloaf songs that i quite like as well. i think his music reflects his struggles, not literally, but symbolically, because like you said he has a pretty tumultous life.

its a very intense song.

Noni Moss said...

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO - Wont go on a diet - hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. ROTFLMAO.

I do like the song though.

Unknown said...

I love love love love love this song and especially the bit at the end where the lady sings! I also loved 'I'd lie for you'.