I cannot believe that its a New Year again but i am so thankful to God that my family is alive and well to see the start of another year. Before moving on, there is this fab questionnaire thing on London Buki's blog that i want to do to put some things in perspective for me. Life is really interesting...Febuary 3, 2007 was the date for my wedding. Obviously that is not the case now but its interesting that at the stroke of midnight here, HE called and we talked about that and us and what will never be.
On to happier things (LOL), the questionaire:
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Start blogging
2. Did you keep any New Year's Resolutions? I dont make resolutions anymore. I make life plans and decisions
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Oh yes and Sefe is already 9 months old
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes and i miss him everyday
5. Did you visit any countries? Yes. The United Arab Emirates and Ghana
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Better savings habits, a constant and deeper relationship with God and my dance partner (may not be the same person that i have blogged about...who knows)
7. Will any date from 2006 stay etched in your memory forever? Yes
8. What was your biggest achievment of 2006? Getting promoted - moved up 3 levels and getting over HIM
9. What was your biggest failure? Becoming emotionally unavailable to almost everyone in my life. I have no idea how that happened but i am working on it
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing too intense. A hospital stay and the return of my anaemia with a vengeance
11. What was the best thing you bought in '06? My ipod
12. Did your behavior change over the year? Yes. I became a little harder and little weirder
13. Where did you spend most of your money? On myself
14. Are you happier than this time last year? Happier? I am not sure.
15. Thinner or fatter? Thinner but not by much (pity that)
16. Richer or poorer? Richer.
17. What song will remind you of 2006? James Blunt- 'You're beautiful', D'banj - Why Me
18. What do you wish you would have done more of? Opened up more to the people around me
19. What do you wish you would have done less of? Gone on power trips with the men in my life. The need to control and hurt them. How did i get there?
20. What did you do for Christmas '06? Spent time with my family, cooked for them and laughed
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? Nope.
22. Did you get your heart broken in 2006? Nope. It wasnt available to be hurt
23. Favorite TV program of '06? Prison Break, Lost, 24 & Grey's Anatomy
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didnt hate this time last year? I dont do hate but dislike intensely
25. What was the best book you read and/or movie you saw? Movies: Deja Vu, Pirates of the Carribean: Dead Man's Chest, X2, Miami Vice ...I really want to see Apocalypto. Books: Diane Evans - 26a, James Patterson - Mary Mary..That's all i can remember
26. What was your greatest discovery? Blogger
27. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? 26 and i went out with my family and did a date thing
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Peace in my heart...LOL
29. What kept you sane? Retreating into myself even more. Should have been family and God but it wasnt.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2006? Too much black and way too many work clothes
31. Who was the best new person you met? L
32. Who did you wish you did not meet? Everyone comes into my life for a purpose
33. Who was your best friend? LOL
34. Who was your enemy? Enemies? Well after the promotion, i know some work people still hate me but do i care?
35. Who do you miss? N and Megan
36. Who will you never forget? My friend J that passed away
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Relax and let it go!
38. What will you always remember about 2006? My emotional mess, the execution of Saddam, the death of James Brown, Gerald Levert, the mess of the world...
39. What do you want to do in '07 that you couldn't/didn't in '06? Invest more. Plan my career/job change, give myself permission to be free
40. Any resolutions? I dont make resolutions
41. Do you want to make more friends in 2007? I am open to new relationships but not going out on a mission to find more friends
42. Anything you want to change about yourself for 2007? Yes...Sure there are somethings i need to work on, but I am me and i kinda like the woman i am