Monday, January 15, 2007

Soundbyte!

Happy Monday!

I hate mondays and i think i have made that point over and over on this blog. Today is no better. People at work are already giving me a wide berth until about noon when the incredible hulk in me retreats. This song is doing wonders for me so far.

One of my favorite groups ever is Queen. Its a bit of a suprise to many but i love, love Queen. They epitomize true talent to me. A typical Queen song, can start out as a ballad and then all of a sudden, some salsa comes through and then some superb guitar riffs taking you on a rollercoaster ride. I was thoroughy gutten when the lead singer Freddie Mecury died of Aids in the early 90's i believe. The chosen song today is:

Queen ft David Bowie - Under pressure

It sounds familiar doesnt it? Yup. That would be because the one hit wonder with the few silver strands in his over coiffed do stole this song and didnt acknowledge it. Does anyone remember the MTV interview when he asked about this and his infamous words were something like this: "They are so different man. Mine goes Ta Ta Ta Ta and theirs goes Ta Ta Ta Ta (at this point he dips a note or 2). I guess that made all the difference.

Anyway, i love this song and i think its a fitting introduction to Queen for those that have never heard a track from them. Enjoy!

*If you would like this song, leave me an email address in the comments section*

5 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Hmm.. ok, who's the "one hit wonder with the few silver strands in his over coiffed do" (great description by the way)? Is it Vanilla Ice? 'Ice Ice Baby'? 'Alright stop, collaborate and listen' (what the heck did he mean by 'collaborate and listen' anyway)? Anyway, is it him?

'Under Pressure'... and I absolutely love this song. It is such a fantastic song. I agree with you about Queen - pure raw talent. Their songs are just classics - 'Bohemian Rhapsody', 'We Will Rock You', 'We are the Champions'... I love David Bowie too - constantly re-inventing himself and keeping it fresh. 'Life on Mars' and 'Thursday's Child' are 2 of my fave songs ever.

I only have the version of 'Under Pressure' that was done live by Bowie, the remaining members of Queen (after Freddie died), and Annie Lennox (I think), so please send me this song. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Ditto about Queen...and double ditto re Mondays....the only thing that is lifting my spirits is the fact I can access my PC from work and listen to my music collection from work via Orb...do highly recommend this! It is taking my mind off the fact I have to get up @ 4am for 7am flight to Glasgow tomorrow....

Anonymous said...

oh i absolutely love this song!!! lol@daddy's girl and ice ice baby!we will rock you is one of my favorite songs...

snazzy said...

yeah that interview is classic on the unintentional comedy scale. I mean the fact that the guy added a barely audible treble in the hook made him think that he did no stealing. Anyway karma got him back when suge knight hung his punk ass upside down to get the song writing credit from one of his guys (or so the story goes)

Anonymous said...

Babe I'm so sorry... I just saw your comment on "My 2006" post asking for Robin Thicke's music... I'll give you something even better. THis website www.danceage.com... they have the entire albums of thousands of singers available for your listening pleasure... you can't download it... but you'll find everything from Billie HOlliday stuff to Ray Charles to Robin THicke.. just about anyone(Ever since I discovered it, I haven't bought an album... as in not once.. they have EVERYTHING!!!)... check it out... lol.. i have a feeling you'll become addicted like me... I deleted limewire after I got it cos this is so much easier... let me know how you find it