Friday, January 19, 2007

Soundbyte!

Eva Cassidy - Get ready

Eva is one of my favorite singer/songwriters and a pretty recent discovery for me. I heard this song for the first time in 2004. I went on a hunt to find all her music and wondered why i had never heard about her. She died in 1996 at the age of 33 and like most true artists, gained recognition post humously. If pure music from a beautiful voice is your thing, i would urge you to find Eva's Songbird cd which is a compilation of her stuff to start with.

This song is very interesting. If you are a Bob Marley fan, you will recognise some of the lyrics from One Love/People get ready. She took some of those lyrics as a foundation for this song, added faith and a train and voila....a truly feel good song. And its balm for my soul today. Enjoy!

*If you would like this song, leave me an email address in the comments section*

5 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

Hey Uzo, I have never heard of this singer, please send me this. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Never heard of her ever.. but i go do small research and get back to you on it... by the way did you go to tolus funeral?

Anonymous said...

hey uzo...could u send the jon song? and not in m4a???? if you have it that is...thx :-)

Olawunmi said...

this is a truly beautiful song. i habe a couple of her albums. have you heard her version of fields of gold? she's amazing. nice choice uz. beautiful.

Anonymous said...

@Daddy's girl: I shall get the song out to you on monday

@ONB: I went to her funeral and did a post on it. Let me know what you think of eva's music

@Diamond: I will send it to you. Download real player for free and the m4a files will play as mp3 files..Let me know if that helps

@Olawunmi: Another commonality...LOl. Her version of fields of gold had me in tears the first time i heard it. Her version of over the rainbow is something else as well...