Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Song of the Day!


To celebrate the step forward in Ms Houston's life, my song for today while not my favorite song by her is arguably the most successful and a defining song in time: I'll always love you - Whitney Houston.

I remember The Bodyguard and i loved it. I was at Chrisland College and was a boarder and i remember being one of the first to see this movie. I remember having a songbook and having the words to all the songs she performed in this movie written in there. One of those song books that i wrapped in shiny wrapping paper. I used to sing a lot and had a decent voice so the seniors would call me to sing for them. Their own private amusement.

Growing up, this song was the toasting song. The song played on dates or dinners alone with a special someone. At this point in my life, this song says it all. Its the ultimate expression of love song.

Remember the video? Simple and classic with shots from the movie. There is a part of that video after the instrumental interlude - Whitney stops and begins to belt out "And iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii will alway love you hoo hoo"..LOL...you know the adlib part and her vocal chords are standing at attention on her neck and you can see them pulsating as her voice does its thing.

I grew up on her music. I have every CD she has ever made and i (no exaggeration) know the words to ALL her songs. What a woman. I really hope she hits greater heights and finds peace and true happiness.

*Let me know if you would like this song*

No comments: