Friday, June 01, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 12


Tina Turner - What's love got to do with it

This is a friday and so a women's issue post will follow. But when i think of strong women that have triumphed despite the tough hand life dealt them - i think of Tina Turner.

I am sure most people have seen the movie with the same title as the song starring Angela Bassett and Laurence Fishburne. This movie barely scraped the surface of what she went through in the hands of Ike Turner but we all came away with a better appreciation and understanding of her life.

Another thing i find inspiring about Tina is the fact that even though Ike & Tina Turner (as a duo) had some success, she truly came into her own in her mid 40s. I know some bloggers and some friends in their 20s who feel lost, unfocused, unsure about career direction or even life direction and feeling time racing by and beginning to panic and i say to look at Tina's story. She kept doing what she was good at and i believe that at the RIGHT time, it all worked out.

This post though isnt about the woman but about the song. Remember the video with her hair and the so so 80s style of dress and her strutting majestically with those legs and of course the red red lipstick. Ah Ah.

As fabulous as Tina Turner is, its hard to believe that this grammy winning song is her only number 1 hit. This song is also bittersweet - the lyrics i mean.

"What's love got to do, got to do with it
What's love but a second hand emotion
What's love got to do, got to do with it
Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken"

I feel like that sometimes....LOL. Enjoy!

*If you would like this song, leave an email address in the comments section*



3 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

I love this woman, she's an inspiraton! She's got so many classics oh Uzo... You monumental soundbite will never finish o!

Mimi said...

awwwwwwww I LOVE LOVE THIS SONG! I used to watch this video when I was much younger ... hhmm.. and those legs and that walk to the beat...cant forget...
she is a strong woman

omohemi Benson said...

I LOVE tina, I love this song and I want it please.

Tina inspires me.