Thursday, June 14, 2007

Finally a meme


I am a self acclaimed meme whore and i havent found any to do lately so i am really excited about this one that i found on Laspapi's blog....so here goes:
The Sign of 7
7 people I must meet: Oprah Winfrey, Mohammed Yunus, Gary Dourdan (i just want to marry him..is all), Maya Angelou, Hilary Clinton, Shah Rukh Khan (tears will fall here) & Amitabh Bachchan (speechless and teary eyed uzo)
7 places I must visit: India (this year God willing), China, Thailand, Tahiti, Hong Kong, Seychelles (Next year God willing) &Aruba
7 films I can watch over and over again: The Lion King, Coming to America, Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire, Love Actually, The James Bond movies (they all count as one jare), Don (the new version with Shah Rukh Khan) & Chalte Chalte (with you guessed it Shah Rukh Khan)
7 best friends through childhood: Hard one...I will settle with the people i have known the longest - Wale E, Olawunmi A, Yuddie E, Osa A (used to be Osa L), Osa Baz, Mariam M &Emi S
7 All-time favourite singers: Luther Vandross, Joe, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Will Downing, Donnie McClurkin & Kirk Franklin
7 most influential people through the childhood years: My mom, My dad, Aunty Funke (my mom's sister), myself (well in a round about way, i influenced myself), Bolu (not childhood but definitely a huge influence and teacher of great lessons), NAT (sigh) and that's it
7 All-time TV programmes- Survivor, The Amazing Race, Friends, Sex & The City, Arrested Development, The Office (British & American) & The Oprah Winfrey Show
And i tag everyone reading this.....

6 comments:

laspapi said...

Nice, Uzo... Read your profile- "The song of Lawino", "The Beautiful Ones are not yet born"- Extraordinary books. Used them for my "A" levels.

~Mimi~ said...

Uzo babe, how are u? your post on women who guard their heart was actually going to be part of my next post! psychic r u?

meanwhile while still on the topic of rain :) lol i cant help it you started it. by sheer coincidence last night i was bored and couldnt sleep so i typed bored into google and got a site, on this site i got this clip. i think you'd like it, for those NON-rainy days that you feel like hearing the sound of rain, you hear it!! for free. lol, i slept to that website playing last night imagine. ok this is getting too long. just wanted to share with you!

http://www.bored.com/getrelaxed/005.htm

Daddy's Girl said...

I like your seven (and not just because 'our' boo is prominently featured)! I need to understand this love you have for Will Downing... I must be missing something. I hope you get to meet everyone on your list.

Bella Naija said...

Meme Addict!
We're gonna need to enrol u in a 12 step program.
Meanwhileeeeeeeee, Osa Baz? Another surreal moment, if its the same Osa, that's like my bestie!

catwalq said...

Abeg, Shah Rukh Khan does not hold a candle tol Aamir Khan.
Why would anyone want to se Don twice? That film was a travesty and if not for the fact that I was the one that selected it for myself to watch, I would have given the person who suggested it a slap. terrible film, catastrophic performances!!!
Not when there is Deepa Mehta's water, Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Black, Nangesh Kukunoor's Dor, Devdas, Mira Nair's Namesake and Kama Sutra. Look if u no sabi beta Bollywood film, tell me, make I show u road.

I would like to meet Amitabh Bachan too but the guy is vexing me right now. I was supposed to marry Abishek. Aishwarya that Heiffer!!!

Daddy's Girl said...

catwalq, it's a free world and we're all allowed to disagree, but (and I'm guessing this was unintentional) your tone comes off as a bit condescending. The fact that someone likes a film you don't like doesn't mean that they 'no sabi beta film'.