Thursday, April 19, 2007

What is the point of.....

The Beyonce & Shakira song - Beautiful liar?

I dont think it has a tune, i dont get the story within the song - i dont think there is a story. I dont understand why these 2 artists with such different voices will be paired. No room for harmony, i dont think their voices are in sync...The video is interesting - i have always liked Shakira's belly dancing moves, Beyonce's moves seem forced but hey who cares right?

Why on earth am i even ranting about this song? I guess its because i heard the song for the first time without the video accompanying it and i was absolutely dismayed. I guess this also means and shows that videos have power. I am making a note of this for my foray into entertainment......

What do you guys think about the song and video?

5 comments:

DiAmOnD hawk said...

well i havent really paid attention to the song...but i heard to appreciate the song u have to watch the video... which i havent seen...

anyways i just thot i shud state for the record YET again that you're such a HATTTEEERRRRRRRRRR.... i love love beyonce...

Aramide said...

I'm second yay! LOL the song is not all that oh...the video is quite interesting, they are not doing any moves per se just wiggling but they look very s*xy and very similar.

LondonBuki said...

Videos have POWER! I will never forget the day I saw Missy's "Can't stand the rain" video in 1997 and I couldn't stand it so I said I decided I couldn't stand the song and that was it! A few years later... I listened to the song without the video... and it was better!

I have had that happen with so many videos! I loved Beyonce's Deja Vu and the video made me like it less!

Anyway, the Beyonce and Shakira video is sexy... period, nothing else! I was looking at the video and thought... DAMN! Those woman are hot. I didn't even really hear the song! LOL!

When you take the video out, it sounds like a song that if an artiste had it as their debut, everyone will say they are crap!

P.S. I guess the video helps feuel fantasies of having two women and even better TWINS, cos they looked so alike in that video.

omohemi Benson said...

The video is nice and simple.
Is there any where I can learn to dance like that in Nigeria?

The song is about a guy "beautiful liar" who dated both 'em and then they found out and became friends and consoled themselves not hurt each other over the two timer and not to date him again.
That rarely happens among women,I only read about an experience like that in one of Maya angelou's book.

Daddy's Girl said...

Was gonna tell you the story behind the song but I see Omohemi has taken care of that. I didn't like the song the first time I heard it, but it's grown on me now. I don't think it's a great song, but I think it's not bad, it's 'different' and just... ok. I like the video, I've always thought they look sooo alike so it was nice to see them have fun with their resemblance. I think the idea of doing a 'hot' video together was what got them to collaborate - I don't think they cared about whether or not their voices would actually matach. Like lbuki said, the power of videos.