3 things i do not want to experience:
- Losing another loved one - i lost a very special friend last year and its a different kind of pain, unlike anything i have ever experienced. Everytime i think about him, i just want to stop and wail. It subsides into a dull ache but the full brunt of the loss washes over me in those moments that i allow myself to really let my guard down and dwell. Its not something i want to experience again
- Failure - I am an overachiever and will run myself ragged in order to achieve anything that i set my mind to. As i get older, i am setting my sights on some pretty big, hairy, audacious goals and there is a part of me that is scared that i will fail in some of them. There are some things that i have set my sights on lately that i have failed to get and it sucks big time.
- Disability - This is something physical that terrifies me. I am so independent and just so me. The thought of going blind, or becoming wheelchair bound, going deaf or having a disability of any kind is frightening. Because this means dependence on other people for the most basic things. And my experience with people - friends and family, shucks even myself doesnt leave me with any warm feelings. Also, i love life. The ability to listen to music, see people's expressions, dance away etc, i thrive on. I imagine it would be harder to have been able to experience these things and then not be able to, than to have never been able to do any of these things at all
3 people who make me laugh
- Moi - i am a klutz, i say the silliest things without thinking and i just generally crack myself up. Last week, my business unit head was standing behind me, i whipped around and said "S, do you want me?". The whole office paused and then cracked up. You would think i would have stopped there. I went on to say "I meant, do you want me to do anything at all for you?". Enough said
- Otisi - this young man is a walking bag of laughs. I laugh and laugh everyday because you never know what he's going to say
- Chandler Bing - I miss Friends. I watch my dvds all the time even if its half an episode. Some of the things this man says have me gasping for breath
- All in all, i am easy. I am very ticklish, i get amused easily so i can burst into laughter at just about anything
3 things i love
- Words - in any order. Novels, poetry, papers, song lyrics....Just bring it on. I am a voracious reader and a very curious person. I believe that information and knowledge is power and i get my power from words.
- Music - Is this really a big suprise? Back in the day, i used to sing. I mean, could have made some money from it. I used to write songs and yearned to be able to play a whole ton of instruments.
- Shoes - I have no idea where and when this obsession began. The taller the heels are the better. I actually get a thrill from a new pair of shoes. Its nothing strange to see me parading around my house in my pyjamas and 3 inch heels for absolutely no reason. My folks just dont say anything
- Jewelery - This stems from my mother's side. My great grandma used to be a famous gold merchant from Ondo State. My grandma while she didnt deal in gold, wore some very serious pieces and still does. Then my mom. Wow. It used to be playful stuff when i was younger, now i have graduated to some serious stuff and there is something about accessorizing with jewelery that does it for me.
3 things i hate
- Cruelty - is it really necessary to kick a dog or beat a person for no reason? Cruelty to women and children...I find that human beings are animals at heart and some people havent managed to tame themselves.
- Stereotypes - All men are dogs; all mexicans are immigrants; nigerian women all like money etc. Stereotypes nauseate me. Take people on a case by case basis
- Creatures - creepy crawlies, rodents, cats, flying bugs. Yuck!
3 things i dont understand
- Atheism - I dont get this. You have to believe in something. A christian God, a muslim God, Hinduism, Bhuddism, Mysticism. Believe in something.
- Some fashion statements - skinny jeans, bubble dresses, over oversized sunglasses, leggings, short shorts etc
- A lot of languages - It would be so much fun to be fluent in like 10 languages. I would just mess with so many people
3 things on my desk
- My handbag
- My phones
- My bottle of diet coke
3 things i am doing right now
- Trying not to be sad
- Listening to Kenny G
- Thinking about the office "village meeting" which will kick off at 4 and is guaranteed to last till like 9pm *sigh*
3 things i want to do before i die
- Visit every single country in the world
- Find my soul mate, fall deliriously in love, have the wedding of my dreams, honeymoon inTahiti or someplace like that, have my 2 babies, and be deliciously happy and constantly basking in the love of my family
- Be on the speed dial list of some of the world's most powerful people
3 things i can do
- Work hard - strategize, meet deadlines, write reports, give presentations - if its work related, bring it on
- Cook - Yes i can throw down. And i love it too
- Be faithful to anyone i care about - friend, lover, family. Almost to a fault
3 things you should listen to
- That voice inside of you
- People that you look up to - older and wiser
- The horns of other cars - might just save your life
3 things you should never listen to
- Bad bad people - it could be envy, jealousy or just really bad advice
- People crying - you hear anyone crying, either ask what's wrong and try to comfort or get up and walk away. Dont just be in the same space with a crying person and do or say nothing
- The other voice in your head - the one that tells you to eat the extra piece of cake, call the married man back, lie to people...That other voice is bad...LOL
3 things i would like to learn
- To play the piano - i see myself in a long elegant black dress with white elbow lenght gloves, hair pinned up, diamond studs in my ear and a baby grand piano. I walk up and lift my train so i can seat on the bench and i begin to play a Concerto. I play beautifully and even begin to tear up. I rise and face the crowd and curtesy and i get a standing ovation. And as the lights come up, i see in the audience: my parents, my siblings, my soul mate, presidents of nations, Oprah Winfrey, Richard Branson, The 3 tenors..on and on. All on their feet applauding me.
- More languages - Italian, Chinese, Swahili are top of my list at the moment
- To say no
3 beverages i drink regularly
- Diet coke
- Herbal teas
3 shows i watched on NTA as a child
- New Masquerade
- Behind the Clouds
- Tales by Moonlight - until NTA got broke and the animals started having holes in their costumes and stuff
3 books i read as a kid
- Enid Blyton books
- Mallory Towers books
- The famous 5 books
Well back to work i guess.............