Monday, November 20, 2006

Snapshots from my weekend!


I had a full weekend and a really fun one too:

Friday Night: I stopped by at a friend's place after work. After a long trip to India, i got - you guessed it, a few indian movies. Then it was off to my house to prepare for my movie night i had planned. I had 2 girls come over and we watched Sex and the City, Prison Break, Pretty Woman and Under the Tuscan Sun. Chick flick night. So fun.

Saturday: I woke up to get to the gym. I didnt overdo it this week. Managed to get an hour and a half in and a lot of grunting towards the end when i did lunges and abs (the part i hate the most). Once again, the thought crossed my mind, why do these men come into the gym in packs and pnly workout their upper bodies? Toothpick legs and huge upper bodies. So wrong. I went home, took a shower and took off to the salon to get my hair and nails done. I took that step. I cut my hair. My hair has gone from past my shoulders to chin length and i am loving it. Rushed back home to get all dolled up and it was off to a wedding reception where get this: I had to wear a hat. LOL. Me, a hat with feathers and everything.

I fulfilled my obligations and staggered back home exhausted.

Sunday: Had to wake up and get ready to catch a movie at noon with a blogger:
Daddy's Girl.
We had plans to see Don - an indian movie and i managed to drag an old friend along as well. We had fun. The movie was sooo great and we all loved it. Its interesting putting a face to the words. She is soooooo sweet. And beautiul and mega quiet. LOL. We are already making plans to see another movie. After the movie, my friend and I had lunch at this lovely italian restaurant called Al Dente. We talked and laughed and then it was back home to hangout with my parents and laugh loads.

It was the perfect weekend: movies, friends, laughter......Hope you all had a good weekend as well.....

10 comments:

LondonBuki said...

Glad you had a nice weekend! And that the gym went ok...

Hope you've made a lasting friend - Daddy'sGirl :-)

I spoke to a blogpal for the first time this weekend and should see her before she heads back to where she lives :-)

Enjoy your week!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, haven't ever met a blogger in 'real life.' If my school transfer works out, I just might -- I have blogger pals residing close to each of my school choices.

Glad you both had a good time.

Nomad said...

Good for you, wishing you more of such weekends. Cant wait to see Don. Shahrukh Khan is the bomb I tell you. Before I knew anything about him, an Indonesian friend of mine said to give him a kiss for her coz we had been transfered to India (yea right, like he'd just walk into the Mall or something!). Never saw him in real life but I'm a fan.

Uzo said...

@Londonbuki: Oh girl,have fun with your blog pal. Its always interesting meeting...

@Azuka: You should try to meet the blogger pals close by.

@Nomad: No way. Shahrukh Khan was mega mega hot and good in this movie. You really have to see it. R u in Nigeria? If you are, its playing at City Mall.

zaiprincesa said...

Glad to see you had a fun weekend...I'll save you a piece of turkey this week..:)..Stay blessed

Anonymous said...

Damn... bollywood addicts ehn?!?!.. I know.. like Azuka I don't know any bloggers except for 2 friends that I already knew from way before I started blogging... awww.. she sounds like a sweetie(lol.. but i cant wait for her post on how mean and terribly rude you are.. lol.. just playing)

My weekend was great in the beginning but terrible in the end(iswear to God i'm still processing shit in my head.. like how on earth things got that bad that fast.. i'll probably write about it today or 2morro(when i'm less busy)...)have a great week love

soul said...

okay..
I'm jealous lol.

I love girl slumber nights especially where we are all watching soppy movies or movies with a hunk in 'em. (gosh reminds me of when I was 13 lol)

I wonder do you do weights at the gym. I know a lot of people do cardio and focus on cardio, but weights are a beauty for burning fat

Uzo said...

@Zai: Oh yes. Turkey day. Have fun. The day after sales i miss. Think of me when you see a hot pair of shoes.

@ONB: Yes. Bollywood addict.Through and Through. Girl..I was really mean to her though. He He He. I hope you feel better and i cant wait to read you post. Take it easy...

@Soul: We had so much fun. Just us girls. Laughing, crying and dishing. So fun. I do weights in the gym. Ironically, i love the weights more than my cardio....

Daddy's Girl said...

It really is interesting to put a face to all those posts you devour everyday.
Well, for those of you who have not yet had the pleasure of meeting Uzo, let me just say that she is even more beautiful, friendly, warm (such a lovely warm smile), witty and genuine than you would think from her blog. And I think her haircut is really cute (although her dad apparently is mourning the loss of her long hair).
The movie was fabulous and we had a great time - even Uzo's friend, who's not into Bollywood, really enjoyed the movie. We will definitely be hanging out again soon...

Demi said...

Hear! Hear!! Buki, CG, TP and Temmylicious. You lot should take a leaf from Uzo and DG's book and hook up with me! It's an order!

I'll love to meet Daddy's girl myself. Glad you had fun, but come to think of it, I didn't know there were such places you could go to catch a good movie other than the Silverbird galleria?

Have a fabulous weekend dearie!