Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 42

Prince - Diamonds and Pearls

My second Prince song making it onto my list. I will say again that i think Prince is one of the sexiest men ever. What a man. And then a hot, sexy man with talent and brooding intensity. What's not to love?

This song is amazing for so many reasons and has so many hot things about it:
  • Its the title track off the amazing album released in the early 90's. The album also features Prince's amazing band The New Power Generation. This band - stellar and was made up of the amazing Sheila E (sexy, talented drummer) and Sheila Easton among others
  • This song is one of the few Prince ballads that is purely about love. We all know that Prince songs are loaded with sexual undertones. But this song is solely about love
  • The title is every girl's dream. I like to think of myself as a classy lady and when i get to the point in my life where money is not an option, my jewelery box will be filled with diamonds and pearls which are my birth stone
  • This song features the powerful vocals of Rosie Gaines. Rosie also features on another Prince song that i will feature on this series....(anyone know which one? A little quiz there)
This song is an example of Prince's musical genius. Its a ballad sure but its also upbeat if that makes any sense. Its got lots of drums and guitars....

Amazing song from an amazing talent....and oh by the way, his new cd (Planet Earth) ....absolutely amazing....

8 comments:

SET said...

I AM NOT A BIG FAN OF PRINCE BUT THIS IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAV IS DIAMONDS AND PEARLS, THE LADY HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE.

ababoypart2 said...

Prince - The master. Lovely track

TEMITAYO OMOLOLA said...

i love this song. could u please pretty please send it to me? Thanks

soul said...

Prince is the man.

He could 'don't stop get it, get it'. I adore this man's music and yep i'll admit it, I have a huge crush on him.
I'll leave it at that, cos to say anymore would be dangerous

Re: Rosie Gaines
Well she actually features on a few more Prince songs most Most notable nothing compares to you (gosh her licks and riffs on that one are just bananas!)

oh and that's her voice on 'Get off' singing the chorus...'let a woman be a woman and a man be a man'.
She's all over that album though, she pretty much sings most of the refrains and choruses on it.

Anonymous said...

i agree.. prince is an amazing performer... i dont know this song though.. could you send it to me please?

Mimi said...

i am not a big fan of prince. i tried, but he just wasnt 'werking' for me.

Vera Ezimora said...

S'up Uzo! Longest time. Kedu kwa'n??

Ms. May said...

Love Prince......everytime I hear Adore, I have to play it over and over again. That is one of my all time faves, and he is one of my all time faves as well. Gotta love a man who can change his name to a symbol and people recognize, and a man who refuses to be tied to a record label and is making millions from touring and releasing records on his own terms. The ultimate entrepreneur.