Thursday, July 12, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 34


Nessun Dorma - (Playing on my blog the version performed by Andrea Bocelli)
This absolutely beautiful aria is from Puccini's Turnadot and frankly, i dont remember the first time i heard this piece or when i fell in love with it. I know that the first version i heard was by Luciano Pavarotti. Then came Aretha's fabulous rendition at the Grammys. Then i heard Sarah Brightman's version. I am moved to tears by the version playing on my blog by Andrea Bocelli. This is a pretty special song to me and one of my dreams is to see Turnadot on stage.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Nyemoni was here!

Anonymous said...

the only bocelli song i know is the prayer with celine dion(whom i've adored for over 10 years.. there's almost nothing she's sang that i dont know)... actually theres another one with christina aguilera somos novious that is just so wonderful and powerful and beautiful even though i dont understand a word of what they're saying... there is so much power in his voice... i just had a feeling he sang in italian a lot and never got around to checking him out... this babe you sabi music sha!

soul said...

hmmm...hmmm hmmm..
Sorry honey, but Pavarotti is the man when it comes to Nessun Dorma.

And then just for a different vibe, the 3 tenors (Domingo, Carerras and pavarotti) doing this just gives me pause. really.

Uzo. I want to spend a day listening to music with you. Fabulous!