Monday, July 16, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 35


Billy Ocean - Suddenly
"Suddenly, life has new meaning to me"
I love, love, love this song. I think its sheer music genius. Sure the words are some of the most beautiful ever, sure Billy Ocean's voice is alright. But i think its so amazing because the music arrangements are minimal and that is what give this song the X factor. You hear nothing but his voice. The pace of this song is just right as well. Billy seems to be thinking before he delivers the next line. Like he is trying to say the right things to capture what he feels.
"You wake up suddenly and you're in love".
Have you ever been around a person for years and been chummy and friends or even acquaintances and then one day, its different. Like you are seeing this person in a whole new light. And then, how to deal with that will require another song. LOL
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm first!!

I love this song too! I also think the lyrics are pretty simple but they express so profoundly what he's trying to say. I've never been in love, but I'd like to think when I do, and if I could write music ... my song would turn out something like this.

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

yes. and now she wants to get away from me every time i tell her "i love you." she wants friendship. i want romance. so we keep jabbing at each other.

soul said...

I still have a crush on billy ocean..
I like the very last refrain of this song, its almost haunting.