Friday, July 06, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 32


Fleetwood Mac - Landslide
I have known this song for so long - i dont even remember when i first heard it. Fleetwood Mac is one of the greatest groups ever and Stevie Nicks is simply amazing.
One of the reasons i like this song so much is because i dont know exactly what its about. The song is ambigious and everyone i know that actually has listened to this song, has a different interpretation of its words.
*I've been afraid of changing cos i built my life around you. But time makes older children get older. I'm getting older too*
Staggering wonderful words written by an amzing songwriter. I believe that songwriters do a better job with delivering their songs than people that sing what is handed to them. Might have to do with the fact that the songs come from real experiences....LOL
Like all great songs, Landslide has been covered by a lot of wannabes including The Smashing Pumpkins and Joey McIntyre but my favorite cover is by The Dixie Chicks. Those girls brought it home and just did this song justice.
*Enjoy. The version playing on my blog is a Live version following a reunion of sorts with Lindsey Buckingham*

No comments: