Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Past/Present

Our office assistant IK has been fired for being lousy. His last day was yesterday so for most of you that dont know why on earth this is blog worthy, i have reposted an incident about him. Oh he is only 19 years old:

At about 5pm yesterday, the office assistant IK, started the process of closing up for the day. I noticed him beginning to primp from the corner of my eye.

He took his shoes off and buffed them with a cloth that emerged from his back pocket. He brought out a pocket mirror and placed it on the table. He tucked his shirt in properly. Brought out some lotion which he applied to his hands. He took a comb out and combed his hair in a forward motion. And then, he brought out a bottle of powder. In a white bottle with flowers on it. The bottle was labeled "Enchanted Rose". He poured a little of this WHITE powder into his palm. The room was immediately pervaded with a heavy scent of flowers. A sickening sweet scent. He dusted the excess powder off and applied this to his face. He picked up the mirror and rubbed the powder in properly. Applied vaseline to his lips. Got up and turned to me and said: "Goodnight Aunty Uzo". Then he left.

I looked around and i noticed someone else at work watching his retreating back in disbelief. We made eye contact and began to laugh out loud. Oh my goodness.

There are no words! I was soooo amused. Thanks IK for making me really laugh....

14 comments:

soul said...

I think what he did is classic lol.

He probably thought he was retreating in dignity. He'll recant the story at some point saying...
'ahh I showed them men, I took my damn time, combed my hair, primped myself and such' ahh
wo n gba o!.

right now, that pride is more important than a wage.

Funmi said...

I am sure he will tell his friends he left the office with his head held high lol

Anonymous said...

lol...LMAO...

Gramps said...

Maybe he has a hot date. If he does't look good, the lady will "yab" him for life.

I had this roomate in campus who would spend almost 30mins dressing up (I'm not exaggerating). He was always dressed in the latest baffs but his daily meal was Ewa (beans) and garri and what he could scrounge off people.

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAH, thats toooo funny, the guy is quater to gay, he just doesnt know it (not that being gay is a bad thing). Poor dude got fired. Love ur blog, been a silent reader since your yahoo days.

NaijaBloke said...

Na wah o ..The guy wanted to look good now ..LOL

I remembered one my roommates back in college used to buy white powder for his face and I always throw them away until he caught me.Why on earth shd a man rub white powder on his face ..or am I the wierd one?

Anonymous said...

lmao.. he's a joker oh.. fabulous in his own way! white powder forreal... ppl use that stuff outside of Nigeria?!?! Male for that matter.. e no ez.. but the guy sounds funny and this excuse for firing self.. that he's lousy?!?! lmao

Bella Naija said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!
Please Mr. IK was simply PRESERVING HIS SEXY!!! hhahahahha
Its so important to look good at all times even when u have just been fired for being 'lousy' at your job!

Meanwhile, I'm sorry but I dont get the white powder thing for guys or girls....what is its purpose? for real I think its very random

Anonymous said...

I don't see anything in applying powder, but when the application becomes like a makeup routine... urgggh.

When I was in Nigeria I used to apply white powder on my face -- even in harmattan. I secrete a lot of oil and even today, I still use a bandanna as a handkerchief.

Naijabloke, you enh! If you're one of those guys who wears briefs and your roommate who prefers boxers tosses them away. Hmm...

In my head and around me said...

oh boy! The dude is duddess! Talk about metrosexual. Vaseline on his lips? I can imagine him puckering up. LOL!

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!! Funny Post, Funny Guy!

White Powder? White? Rightttt....

DiAmOnD hawk said...

hmmm...secretion of oil...interestingly put...lol

Uzo said...

@Diamond: Yes. The guy was just really a waste of space. I dotn mean that to be mean. He didnt do anything.

@Soul: It was quite bewildering watching him....LOL

@ Funmi Well, he will tell people something..

@Noni Moss: I dont think this child knows what it means to be gay

@Gramps: I guess its not a bad thing to be aware of your presence

@Teekay: Thanks a lot for reading. LOL.

@Naijabloke: I think its odd that any man that isnt in the entertainment field should apply powder let alone white powder

@ONB: Yes oh. White powder is a big seller. LOL. He was fired for being lousy. He was just really really really lazy.

@Bellanaija: I echo your thoughts on the white powder issue. I simply dont get this. And then there are the scented white powders. What the hell?

@Azuka: You used to apply powder? Ehmm...Okay....

@In my head: Really there are no words...LOL

@LB: Soooo funny

@Diamond: You are a riot...

Unknown said...

The guy just cares about his appearance. You never know - he could meet the girl of his dreams on the way and she may refuse him cos he wasnt properly groomed before he set out. LOL

Too bad he didnt care enough to behave politely and appropraitely to keep his job. Hope he gets another one soon or rather that he is able to keep the next one.