Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Monumental Soundbyte - 47



Da Brat - So Funkdafied

Why on earth is this song on this list?

Well this is the first hip-hop record that i learnt all lines too. I mean every single word of this i used to know. I miss a word or 2 now but you get the point. I used to be so intrigued by Da Brat. When she first came on the scene, she rocked her baggy clothes and her hair - those single plaits with the colorful rubber bands.....So cute.

Was she a girl or a woman? At the time, it was hard to tell especially since she ran around with the So So Def crew. Of course as time has passed, i think of her more as a featured artist. I remember her sexing it up on the What 'Chu Like song with Tyrese but her other solo efforts have been forgettable for me. And of course the rumours about her sexual orientation have been going around for years....

Anyway, this song used to be a favorite at social nights too....

Enjoy!!!!

2 comments:

soul said...

I dig da brat for her funkiness.. and actually her flow. It's a shame that she just didn't blossom...
I just like the way she rhymes.. I remember 'sitting on top of the world'..
after that .. everything kinda faded I still think she shoulda left soso def.

shhhh said...

funkdafied was a hoooooooooooot track