Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Soundbyte!


Janet Gabriel - I've heard it all before

Janet is a Nigerian based in the UK and her cd "The fire within" debuted in Nigeria last year with a lot of noise. The video for this song is what sold me on her. She isnt a teenager by any means. She is full figured, older (i assume in her mid thirties), she had a long curly weave, for some of the scenes she was in a pink dressing gown and the others, she looked like a cool rocker chick singing into a mike - nightclub style. I will admit to being very curious about her and not really listening to the song.

I of course ran out and got her cd and i will admit to being impressed. She is pretty good. Its grown folks music and definitely british styled in the sense that there is a pop thing going on to most of her songs.

Anyway, i really listened to this song and while its a common enough story, i guess because of the uniqueness of her voice, it sounds fresh. I felt her disappointment in her lover and his lies told over and over again.

I am proud she is Nigerian, i am proud of the standards, the cd liner notes (not a common thing with our local artists), professional styling of her pictures and videos...Loving her. Janet can be found here. Enjoy!

*If you would like this song, leave me an email address in the comments section*

3 comments:

LondonBuki said...

I can't hear the song on your page but I went to her myspace page and I am listening to it now... She has a really good voice.

Bella Naija said...

Please send the song to me...I have heard about her but never listed to her music.
Thanks!

Daddy's Girl said...

Wow... her music is nice - I have to admit I wasn't sure it would be. She's a former beauty queen.