Thursday, September 14, 2006

Moms are the best


Got back home at exactly 9pm last night starving and tired. See i am on a new eating plan that involves very little eating (Dont ask). My mom was home alone since my dad is out of town. She was in the kitchen waiting for me. She asked how my day was and said she made peppersoup for me.

I almost burst into tears. She came home tired too and she is just recovering from a severe bout of some flulike ailment. She hasnt driven herself at all this week. But she still found the energy to make me something to eat. And she also made something that she knew would not wreck havoc on my slightly unhealthy eating plan.

I didnt know what to say. A big hug and a thank you later, i filled my bowl with soup and sat with her watching some show she likes and which i cant stand. Talked to her till 11.30pm. And even though i knew that waking up today would be a hassle if i went to bed that late, i figured it was the least i could do to show my mom some appreciation and love last night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

maaan. i envy you. appreciate what you've got oh!

LondonBuki said...

How sweet!!! Mums are the best, beautiful, most perfect people in our lives.

Uzo said...

Thanks Delot.

Buki, i knew this would touch you a lot. M waiting for the news about your mom doing the same thing for you. Amen.

LondonBuki said...

Thanks girl :-) AMEN!!!