Friday, January 25, 2008

Random....


  • What does driving defensively mean? My horn ceased a few days ago...and when i told my dad, he said i would have to drive defensively till it got sorted. I nodded: Yes of course. Drive defensively. Of course. Yeah but what does it mean...i hear people say it a lot. My horn regained its voice but still...driving defensively
  • I made myself laugh this morning. Someone asked me what i was having for breakfast and i said Mali...LOL. Get it? The Super Eagles play Mali tonight....
  • Diamond did a post on preparing to be a wife and i will admit to being freaked out. Its an insightful post but i wonder - preparing to be a wife - is there really anyway to prepare and also, if you actually start planning (like making a conscious effort), isnt that like jinxing stuff? I just wonder
  • I love the new beefed up Craig David. Love his hair and the beef cake he has become...
  • So many things to do and so little time
  • Why do people still do drugs with all the information there is out there? See Amy Winehouse...Me, i am pretty vain and also a bit of a wuss so the thought of injecting myself or scarring myself seems to be too much hassle
  • Souljah boy - what on earth is he on?
  • I have a wedding next week saturday - so why is the aso ebi still in my car with no tailor contacted yet?
  • Have a great weekend all....Women's issue back next friday....

13 comments:

webround said...

hmm, if i remember correctly, i think my driving school instructor said driving defensively means "assume the other drivers are not going to obey the traffic laws and will drive recklessly; drive to avoid being negatively affected by that"

Chxta said...

Green Eagles had better beat Mali. People's sanity's on the line here...

Jennifer A. said...

lol...I love it when u do posts like this!!!! Cracks me up. U're having Mali for breakfast eh????

Preparing for marriage...only God can prepare a woman for such an endeavor. God help us!!! Heading to Diamond's house...

laspapi said...

You've been driving defensively? My father was a 'Special Marshal' for the FRSC. It means to drive under the assumption that everyone else, driver and pedestrian alike, is mad. How are you, Uzo?

Tolantino said...

Driving Defensively....

I clearly remember this as I had to do a defensive driving training in Malaysia just a few months ago..and even with all the hu-ha.. I don't think I would want to take anyones car keys to brave the roads in India.

You would find defensive driving extremely useful in countries where they have very bad driving culture/habbits e.g Nigeria, India, Malaysia and even some countries where we perceive the driving standards to be very high.

It involves things like scanning the Horizon, keeping a two second gap from the car ahead, driving at a safe speed. All these things are supposed to protect you and minimize the damage to you and your can in the event of you encountering a not so sane driver on the road.

Alan said...

They've banned the use of horns around here. Horns are only used to tell the other guy that he's a moron. This leads to road rage, people get shot, etc.

I just assume everyone on the road is an idiot. I'm usually right 90 per cent of the time.

Other than deers and tumbling boulders, no collisions in 30+ years.

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

am waiting...for you know what...

SET said...

DRIVE WITH CARE, DEFENDING YOURSELF FROM ANYTHING THAT COULD HAPPEN. WELL WITH OR WITHOUT HORN WE HAVE TO DRIVE LIKE THAT, LOL.
CRAIG DAVID LOOKS AMAZING, HOT.
HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND.

Anonymous said...

There IS such a thing as being a defensive driver... It just means being a smarter driver, a more aware driver. Being a safe driver unfortunately doesn't guarantee you won't be hit by an unsafe driver... you have to learn to pick up on oncoming danger and avoid it. Having said that, I won't be caught dead driving in Lagos without a horn. I am curious to know where the alan who left a comment is from. Horns where I come from help you avoid very horrid car crashes... It's your only way of getting the attention of the 18-wheeler zipping past you at top speed while trying to make a quick lane change with you smack in the middle. He probably didn't see you and you can't switch lanes on your other side because there's a car. It's a matter of seconds... a lack of a functioning horn in this scenario and you're dead!

Preparing for marriage... Hmm, well Uzoma there is such a thing. I still plan on coming for Aunty Tosin to teach me some tricks in the kitchen... I've been saying it for what, like 11 years now? Well this might just be the summer. It's just that your mom's stew is so good that I know if I can cook it just 75% as good, I'll keep Oga happy. :)

Kush said...

Driving defensively? LOL. Only in Africa. Use your horn unneccesarily in the UK and you could be pulled over by the Popo

Edirin said...

have a fab weeknd hunny.."mali"lol. thinking about it that much...

i think craig david, looks better nw, he looks more black now

souja boy- i ask myself the same thing, is he still here?

Afrobabe said...

lol...better get that aso ebi sorted real fast...

Unknown said...

Ha Girl, pls head to the tailor's ASAP unless you're planning not to attend.........

Has ur defensive driving improved? LOL!